Sunday, November 12, 2006

In the photo

I was looking some photos from an exposition about German photography in a local library. Stopping at one of them, "Round table" (Martin Liebscher, 2005), I've got the impression that I was part of the picture. It shows some men on a conference; in the room they were in there is a round table, some of the people are sitting around it. Just at the right there's some guy showing a video to the others on a TV screen; he also has access to a video camera at his right side. There are stairs to the next floor; some of the guys are standing there. At the left side we find some books.

But the feature that caused the effect I mentioned was that the floor and the ceiling don't fix completely into the picture, so I had the impression that they continued under my feet and above my head respectively. I guess that would be the photographer's intention. But it shouldn't be a rare case that artists make their works just to make other people realize how their perception constitutes the world they live in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home