Monday, October 02, 2006

What to do

Sometimes it's interesting to think about the future because you usually learn a lot about your present. I talk about the future because I'm going to finish my major in Philosophy next year. It's time to choose the life I want to live.

This year I decided not to fix a definite plan; opportunities come without advice and a fix plan can make you lose them. Some of my potential opportunities is language learning. I find easy to start learning a foreign language (though it then comes harder and harder); it's not a bad idea to teach them: English, Japanese, Chinese... More and more people want to learn a second (or even third language), so the business is promising. Besides, the interest about learning Spanish (my mother tongue) as a foreign language is increasing; I would get job in my country or abroad. It sounds great!

Well somehow, but I don't want to dedicate all my life to that. I really wish to do some Philosophy some day. Don't think I'm pretencious: that's just something I can't help trying. The problem is that I'd like to develop study fields scarcely issued in Colombia: philosophy of religion and Japanese Philosophy. My only option is to try getting a scholarship to study religion in Japan. There are some good options, like Kyoto University. What I'm afraid of is that Japanese education is so demanding that I would probably not be admitted. Should I trust myself a little more? Well, you can't say till you try.

These are (just some of?) the cards I can play. I hope I can tell good news three or four years later. By now, one day at a time.

1 Comments:

At 07 October, 2006 07:47, Blogger Byeong said...

I say, trust yourself a bit more :) It won't hurt to try for a japanese scholarship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home