Saturday, August 30, 2008

Love

Some people yearn for love, hoping someday that special one will finally come and brighten their lives, all of a sudden, as an all-time expected surprise (ironically speaking). Somehow I recognize that kind of guy in myself, somehow I am a romantic man, but I can't help feeling skeptical as well. Skeptical not of that special one coming someday to my life, but even worse, of my ability to fall in love with somebody at all. I say to myself that I might be too worried, and that probably that suspicion is just the result of having experienced the possibility of truly liking someone without being in love. It might be that, or it might be that I have grown old for romance. In that case, I wouldn't consider it necessarily catastrophic, I could even find in it an opportunity to focus on other issues and love without grasping; but at least I'd feel such a melancholy, as if saying goodbye to a past life and welcome another in which I can't expect things to be the same anymore, like abandoning my land never to go back. Should I wait? I wish I could pack right now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home